I represent literary fiction and quality non-fiction as well as suspense, crime fiction and books which defy genre.
The novelists and short story writers on my list include winners of major literary awards and debut authors. My aim is to create a boutique environment within a larger agency where writers can develop long-term careers. In non-fiction, I represent journalists, academics, nature writers, historians, campaigners and visual artists. I am keen on narrative non-fiction.
There is an international dimension to my list, but whether at a local or international level, I am primarily interested in championing excellent writing, intelligent and nuanced thinking, great storytelling, and ideas with a potential to have cultural impact.
Before joining Curtis Brown, I was an agent at International Creative Management, working in the book and film departments.
My assistant is Lucy Morris.
- Thomas Friedman longlisted for Financial Times & McKinsey Business Book of the Year 2017
- Aravind Adiga longlisted for DSC Prize
- Mark O'Connell shortlisted for the 2017 Royal Society Science Book Prize
- Margaret Atwood’s The Handmaid’s Tale comes to life in London
- Curtis Brown Authors enjoy Summer Bestseller Success
RT @plunkert: My first cover for The New Yorker entitled "Blowhard." https://t.co/OjnjELalVP
RT @wmarybeard: Can we shout, once and for all, that the reason for going to uni is NOT just about getting a bigger salary. Ffs, it is abou…
RT @joshuawongcf: The Court of Appeal has sentenced me to 6 months of jail