The Spy Who Came in from the Cold
With this superb, now classic novel of suspense, le Carré changed the rules of the game.
His story is of one last breathlessly perilous assignment for the agent who wants desperately to end his career of espionage - to come in from the cold.
The audio rights are handled by Alice Lutyens.
Kate Cooper manages the translation rights for The Spy Who Came in from the Cold
Translation Rights Sold
One of those very rare novels that changes the way you look at the world. Unflinching, highly sophisticated, superbWilliam Boyd
The master storyteller ... has lost none of his cunningA N Wilson
I have re-read The Spy Who Came In From The Cold over and over again since I first encountered it in my teens, just to remind myself how extraordinary a work of fiction can be.Malcolm Gladwell
A topical and terrible story... he can communicate emotion, from sweating fear to despairing love, with terse and compassionate conviction. Above all, he can tell a tale.
The Sunday Times Full Review
The best spy story I have ever read.
Superbly constructed, with an atmosphere of chilly hell.J B Priestly
- John le Carré and Daphne du Maurier featured in a WHSmith campaign to find The Nation’s Favourite Book
- John le Carré's "The Spy Who Came In From the Cold" to be adapted by Paramount Television and Ink Factory
- Curtis Brown clients in Amazon’s 100 best thrillers list
- Le Carré delivers speech in Berlin
- John le Carré awarded Goethe Medal 2011
- Classic and Contemporary Thriller Writers Celebrated
- John le Carré to headline World Book Night
- World Book Night